How is it that the long weekend is coming to a close? It’s honestly been such a much-needed break that I didn’t really realize I needed until now. So, without further ado, some highlights of my weekend…in bullets 😉
- Not one, but two fabulous outdoor runs! I haven’t run outside much since it’s gotten colder (my last outdoor run was this day, believe it or not!), so these two runs, 5 miles and 5.5 miles (one with M, one with Jess and Steph!) – were awesome.
- Un-fall-like weather. Upper 60s two days in a row (hence the outdoor runs) made me *already* want for spring, and we haven’t even hit winter yet. I made a mental note to self to a) enjoy every minute of this warm weather and b) not bitch so much over the cold winter months. Let’s face it it’ll happen, it’ll get cold, and snowy and downright shittastic, just deal with it and enjoy snuggling by the fire, tall boots and chunky sweaters, will y?!
- Shopping. Bought two more pairs of jeans in size 27. Every single time I try some on, I get that moment of panic – will they fit – and then I still get surprised when they slip on like a glove. #whoami
- Enjoying time with my grandparents. Finally. I haven’t seen them since late-August, actually, so it was just so great to spend time with them for lunch on Thanksgiving. My first time ever going out to lunch for Thanksgiving, and while I worried it wouldn’t ‘feel’ like Thanksgiving, it really did. We went, we had a great time, and M, as always, fit right in (you’d think, more than a year later, I wouldn’t feel so surprised that he does…but every time he interacts with my family, I love it. So natural, so right.)
- Being told by M’s dad that “I’m family.” Swoon. Seriously, hearing those words really made my heart jump. I feel so welcomed by his parents, and that is just polar opposite of what I ever felt in almost a decade with my ex-in-laws. Just indescribible what a difference it is.
- Capturing an hour of perfectly spent time with my beautiful niece Isabel. We went up for a quick visit, and she was in such a good mood, so playful and interactive. M chased her around the house, tossed her in the air, and just played with her, and she ate it up. It was so touching and so perfect to watch. One day…he’s going to be a great dad. Swoon…(and on the way out, Isabel even gave me not one, but two kisses goodbye. My heart melted).
- Talking about our future on our date-night-in last night. About getting married…and where, and when. Yes, we sort of talked about the semblance of a plan. What that will be? Time will tell – wink – but it will be perfectly ‘us,’ however it shapes up. I love M with all of my heart and to think of becoming his wife one day (hopefully) soon, just makes my heart so incredibly happy.
- barre n9ne, barre n9ne, barre n9ne. I went to a kick-ass class yesterday (complete with a 2.7 mile run to, and a 2.7 mile run from class. Run-date style. It was super challenging, given said class in between, but so fun to do!) and today was a 1.5 hour workshop that seriously kicked my ass. L-o-v-e it.
- Sleep. Enough said. Caught up. Feeling refreshed.
- Another wine shipment from our wine country vaca in September. Clocking us in at 86 whopping bottles of wine (!). Yep, this makes me extremely happy. Put a tiny dent in that deliciousness this weekend, I must say.
I think that about sums it up. Family, friends, time with M, moments, wine, workouts and relaxation.
How did you spend your Thanksgiving? What was your favorite moment? (and tomorrow…officially starts the 6-month running challenge…who’s in?!)