Wine country three-peat is juuust about over and as I sit here in the airport with M, waiting for our redeye, I am nothing short of a combination of happy, content and utterly exhausted. These trips to Healdsburg are always on-the-go vacations which i love, because we eke out every minute of our trip!
I plan to post more in coming days of course, but figured I’d share a few first thoughts on some of my favorite moments.
• 22 wineries in just under 6 days. That. Is.awesome.
• 24 bottles of wine checked as luggage (two cases worth!) ad another case of assorted wines en route (we shippe wine direct from the few wineries that will ship to Mass! Stupid laws…ship to Mass, people, we’ll make it worth your while!!)
• 3 runs (my goal!!) along vineyards half-hidden by lifting fog each morning. Incredible!
• witnessing M’s elation experiencing the wine country Mecca experience, an loving every minute.
• Feeling that ‘feeling’ akin to a few sips of wine…every day, all day, in more ways than one. Bliss.
•hundreds of pictures capturing out funny, goofy, and even romantic moments on the trip.
My only wish was sharing it with my sister Jess and Scott, but while we couldn’t do that, I brought home a shitton of wine selections for them and a few other goodies and can’t wait to share them! And now, one of my favorite pictures!
Cheers, friends, more to come 🙂