These were the things skittering through my mind during my couples massage with M today. Figured I’d share them all with you…starting with a very appropriate one:
- I’ve never had a professional massage. Like, ever. Until today. M treated me to a couples massage as part of my Christmas gift and we went today. A-mazing. So amazing in fact, that we booked another one next month (hey, 15% off for booking another was too good to pass up!)
- I’m very particular with my hair. Like, ridiculously so. As evidenced by the fact that my hair was an utter mess post-massage (lotion and oil in my hair, um *not* a good look) as we walked through the mall briefly afterwards, I was uber self-conscious and wanted to run screaming from the building. Bad hair days are a disaster for my self-confidence. Yet, my version of a bad hair day is really not that big a deal to most (and we all see ‘bad hair days’ on ourselves way more than anyone else does!) but I think about it all day until I can fix it. Weird, yea, I know.
- I’ve only met one celebrity in my life. But it was George Clooney. Um, yum. (too bad I was working as a cashier at a grocery store at the time when I was probably 18, and felt ridiculous!)
- I’ve never been outside of this continent. (Wait, do Aruba and Bahamas count?! Leads me to my next random)
- I am horrible at geography (like, even in the US, I have trouble placing states!) and even worse at history. Ask me which came first, the Revolutionary War or the Civil War, and I have a serious problem. (the only way I know WWII came after WWI is because of the number!)
- I can’t swim. Oh yea, you knew that already.
- I live in New England, yet I have never been to Vermont. WTF, right? (and my first trip to Cape Cod was a year ago!)
- My first kiss was at 17. When I had my first boyfriend (late bloomer?).
- I’ve only had 3 serious boyfriends (and I married one of them!).
- I love the tv show “Fringe” but it freaks me out, so I can only watch it during the day (unless M watches it with me at night)
- I’ve never met a food I don’t like. Yet.
- However, I was convinced I didn’t like french onion soup until I tried it. (that one is for you, Jess). Oh, and I am not a fan of uber spicy food, but I will eat it, because, well, see #11 again.
- I hate collared shirts. It messes with my hair (see #2)
- I never cry at movies or TV shows (okay, maybe never is a strong word, but I feel silly when I do, and have only done so a few times. Like at the last episode of “Friends” and the last episode of “Growing Pains”…yes, Growing Pains)
- My travel ‘goal’ is to go to every Island in the Beach Boys song “Kokomo” by the age of 50. Well, I have Aruba and the Bahamas covered, and if all goes well, Jamaica upcoming (stay tuned!).
- I’ve been to a men’s strip club. Twice. In the same summer. And had a blast.
Random enough? Any surprises? And yes, these things were flying through my mind randomly during my massage today (in an oddly relaxing way).
UPDATE: Remembered one more! I love the Kardashians. No idea why, but anytime I see their shows(s) on, I watch them. Riveted. And I ❤ Britney Spears.