- Run a half marathon – CHECK! This was one of the hardest things I have ever done mentally. I am debating on another in 2011, but honestly, I have not had a good run since the race. That concerns me. However, see #2 below for 2011.
- Continue being uncomfortable – CHECK! Getting out of my comfort zone is hard for me, but whenever I step out of it, I learn so much and it’s always worth it. Enter new job starting January 3 – goodbye comfort zone!
- Find love again – CHECK! CHECK! CHECK! Honestly, when I included this as a resolution for 2010, I had every doubt in the world that it would happen. Though it’s taken (almost) three years or so since my divorce began in 2008, I’ve found it in M and every day I pinch myself.
- Make my blog ‘me’ – this one gets a half-check. I wanted to transition to a self-hosted blog, and in that way, I failed. But, I give myself a half-check because I moved to this beautiful new blog, chronicling the ‘me, anew.’
For 2011? I have so many things I want to accomplish, so it’s hard for me to narrow it down to just a few, but here goes…
- Be a better saver. Now that I have a new job that pays substantially more, I will have much more ability to save. I want to get back to where I used to be, financially (at least in terms of my savings account, because I made even less when I was married). I want to save. I want to get rid of my credit cards (only have a few with less than 1K total, which is good, but that adds up each month!). I would like to buy another house in the next two years. I miss being a homeowner. I have the itch.
- Learn to swim…so I can do a triathlon. I don’t know how to swim. Legit. At 31. I know, it’s crazy. But I don’t know how. But I TOTALLY want to do a triathlon (with Ronda, hopefully, and Jess!). My goal is to learn to swim – good – by June, so I can practice all summer at the lake in Maine and do the tri in the fall. We’ll see…because if not, I want to…
- Run (another) half marathon. This one scares the pants off me. I loved training all summer leading into the half, but once it got to game day, I think I panicked as I had the worst run of my life. But I’m keeping it on the list for now. In pencil.
- Re-do my routine. See this post. This. IS A MUST.
- Love myself more. I struggle with confidence in many areas, including body image, and I would like – once and for all – to have far less “fat days” and days where I just am not happy with myself. I think this is a mindset change more than anything. And putting it on my list will hopefully give me the motivation (and constant reminder) to change my bad habits for good.
And a few fun ones? Go back to wine country (hell yes this is on the list!), go to Mexico with M (also on the list, I hope!), and enjoy every single minute of Maine this summer.
I look forward to 2011 even more than I looked forward to 2010. It’s been a kick ass year, truly the year of me, but I look forward to 2011 as the year of “new.” Bring it!
Cheers friends, as I know 2011 has so much in store for all of us.